Thursday, January 31, 2013

Quick Wrap Up & Few Ideas

X looks like a great short here clinging onto the 200 day and I expect a flush coming soon.  I was long puts earlier in the week and i booked nice gains and today reentered into the feb 22 puts where 10K traded so yes I like this idea and i am invovled.  It is always a dangerous news as it can move big on news from BRIC countries.

IBM really fading here since the earnings gap and it is fading down so I like this idea for the gap fill and with market being a bit shaky its a good one to pick up.  I got long the put spread today and I think I got in around .75ish so it offers great risk reward and it is a conservative short on a not too volatile name.  Good solid set up in my opinion.

CREE if you prefer more volatile names and looking for a short this could be a place to try and top tick a name the June 44-41 put spread traded for around 1.40ish.  Only really giving 2-1 and going out to June I have zero interest in this trade.

BRCM shares rolled over today and closed on the dead lows so another short idea as shares do look to be headed lower.  I would probably only scalp the name though.

NWSA a name I can swear I have looked at everyday for at least a month and have not gotten invovled despite its great run.  A lot of bullish positioning has been taken in the name especially farther out months.  Could be playable through 28.22 or off 10-20 days.

IMAX shares look pretty decent here and today saw a big bullish position with 8000 june 27 calls bought.  Again too far out for me but looks like a decent play.

HAIN tried to break out and failed and saw some big buys in Feb 50 puts today 16K 55 puts looks liek traders rolled up from the 50 strike.  I did jump in a few of these I only got half fill at 2.30 and wasnt going to chase it as I had already added two other shorts and have TGT short as well.



Only had a few minutes to spare here so this is just a quick blog... Friday is tomorrow and i have a lot of action.

PCLN 695-685-675 put fly sets up nice today with the downgrade.
AAPL 455-460 call spread.  Apple should be in that range tomorrow it could be 455 or 460 or something else obviously but hopefully it is 460 well see.
GOOG 760-770 call spread going to need a big move to hit big here, but if you have been following my twitter you know I have already booked big gains here this week.
GS 145-150-155 call spread sets up great here and same deal like GOOG got great gains out of the trade already.
WYNN play could be decent front week will expire worthless for a nice gain and have to see how my feb 130 calls price.  Report not that great but stevey is always entertaining.
TLM looks great nice move today so some solid gains there letting it run.
TGT has nice gains will decide what to do next week.

Today I was in scalp mode, I know some readers traded some with me, which is great and glad we made some money.
Scalped AAPL calls for +.50
NFLX +1 +.40 +.50 +.40 as we pieced out of it
SNDK +.02 +.18 +.21 +.10

So some solid gains scalping.

Some days just feel like scalping...

FB not looking so hot but well see if it can run back up and get us some profits.
HD down small, but important to know a lot of these plays are not going to give instant gains and some take time to play out as a lot of them are following flow so the reason behind could take time to develop.  So if you cannot stand losing 10-20-30-40-50% on a trade options might not be for you.
IBM we discussed
TGT up 40% right now well see what to do.
X down a bit right now.
MRK not a great day now flat on the trade and earnings are tomorrow morning, which I forgot about so well see how it plays out.
TLM up about 35%


Giving out a bunch of ideas on twitter and posting real time emtires and exits on trades @keeblerelf3


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment