Monday, January 14, 2013

AAPL Trade & Few other Ideas



Quick update on the AAPL trade.  We gapped down large with a bit of help from a WSJ article, which I think was old news but either way we are here.  So on the gap down first thing at the open, I decided to take advantage of the euphoria and put out an offer to sell a 485-480 put spread against mine for $1 to lower my cost basis to .25, which would give me 20 to 1 odds, my kind of trade.  I did not get a complete fill, but will continue to monitor to get filled on the rest.


I was looking for a real quick dip in AAPL into the 490's so I could enter a 495-500 call spread, but it didnt happen.  I will continue to monitor this for an entry as well.

The rest of the week will most likely be a lot of baby sitting this trade, but opportunities may present themselves to add to this trade in some form, btu so far so good...



WYNN has been incredibly strong and continues to march on.  I would like to enter on a dip back to the 10-day and a hold, but I am not sure it will allow it.



Weekly on TRI showing signs of life breaking out of this long consolidation.  I came across this one as traders are positioning in the July 30 calls with 11K bought on a stock, which does not trade many options volume this is fairly signifigant and worth noting for sure.



PETM caught my eye with a fairly large Apr 65-60 put spread trading.  The chart seems to be in trouble and could be one to watch in the coming days as a short idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment