Friday, February 1, 2013

Results For The Week



Weekly AAPL trade, I predicted on the blog yesterday i think that AAPL would fall between the range of 455-460, and it closed 453 unfortunately I was hoping for the higher end of the range of course.  Either way we were still able to book 5,667 cookies in the trade.

We scalped AAPL today and had a great week scalping, which normally is not my thing.  Of not is thursday and fridays are great days to lever up and use options for scalps due to premiums being less expensive which allows you to add size.  A great scalp for 2,781 cookies, I posted this real time on Twitter/stocktwits.  I know some readers/followers made some cookies on some trades with me this week and was happy to toast with them.

AMZN call fly for earnings was good foro about 1K cookies had posted on twitter it was break even, but apparently there was some small gains.  Anyways, while i have done very well in the past playing earnings since I began this blog I dont think I have gotten one right and looking back it is pretty sick how much money ive lost playing these.  So I am now no longer playing earnings, I am joining the other thousands if not millions of traders who wont touch them.  If you see me on Twitter announcing an earnings trade, I deserve to be punched in the face.  I will still post ideas on earnings such as the earnings special I did a few weeks back though.

Edit just saw this picture is missing 1200 in losses from this trade... so actual trade is a 200 cookie loser and not 1K loser.

AMZN scalp today from twitter good for 1,300 cookies... Unfortunately none of my runners run but not going to complain.

DISH play 1300 loser from twitter... bad trade because of when I bought it... A friend of mine probably puked when he saw me post entry on this one.  I deserve the punishment.


GOOG trade good for 8,100 cookies, of course my exit today on the last piece of it was awful and i left a bunch of money on the table, but I really did not think the market was going to keep ripping after the pop this morning, I was wrong.  Also, these are my homerun trade strategies the only homeruns I really go for, but once you get into late innings they become very dangerous like today when I exited my GOOG trade was worth roughly 9000, and I was risking 9000 to make an additional 21000 not terrible risk reward but who knew GOOG up 7 was going to rip another 13 ... Again no complaints comfortable with my decision.

GS similar to GOOG left some cookies on the table, but was working on something with a friend, but even if I wasnt I would have made the same decision.  Good trade for 8500 cookies trim and trail baby!

Two NFLX scalps one time the runners will run haha... Goog trade I know at least 1 follower made money with me here both of these trades I mentioned even leading up to taking them and then posted entry right as I took it.  Good trade for 2,485 cookies...

NVDA nothing wrong with the trade just had no gas and seems like I made good decision to exit as it couldnt rally even today... 1050 loser.



OLN another earnings disaster 400 loser this actually ran back strong, but I was gone.  Also on Twitter I think I mentioned this being break evenish but it was a loser.  Just looking at a million things in day so something like this will be a bit off.

PCLN trade again left some on table today, but still fine with my exit.  Also posted real time on twitter scalp turned swing turned getting lucky with down grade:)  So many times on wrong end of upgrades/downgrades always fun to be on right side... Good trade for 4,952 cookies. This type of trade could be a bit hard to follow via twitter for whatever its worth.

SNDK another scalp trim and trail.. I know a follower took this with me and I think one follower went short as I went long.  Good trade for 1,200 cookies... By the way on twitter I mentioned another SNDK trade before this one, but it was in another account that has personal info with the gain/loss, but it was just lunch money gain as I said.


Booked VOD this week for about 9000 cookies, but I think only 2000 of those cookies counts towards this weeks gains. dont remember for sure but sounds right.

 XLV booked the rest of one day too early but 6600 cookies on balance... lets call it 1000 cookies towards this week.
X trade also posted on twitter good for 1300 cookies, I re entered a similar position well get to next.

BIDU played so poorly, had good gains in it, but tried to get cute and got beat by a $3 candle up my you know what. 1000 cookies looser.
Current Positions:
 All three position headed into next week 3200 in losers thus far.
 Both headed to next week 1000 cookies to the good.  Think TLM was up for the week a bit more but whatever close enough.
 Yup you guessed it earnings plays excluding X.  -3750 cookies loser..  The first WYNN leg is expired so I added the 160 as a gain in the last column because it is.
And once again MRK earnings, but i deserve it because I wasnt intending for this to be earnings play, but I was lazy and did not check earnings date.  -2700 cookies... miracles happen hahah.

Overall gain of about 27,000 cookies, solid week.  While all of these strategies are great and work well, my favorite strategy is one which is very difficult for a human being to catch, while being one of the highest probability trades you will find and youll be lucky to catch it once a month, if that.  But I have teamed up with two friends and explained the trade to them and luckily they are smart enough to turn it into an algorithm, which catches it amazingly fast and brings it straight to your screen in real time to take the trade.  The back testing data is incredibly strong, and today my friend and I had it running to test and make adjustments and although Fridays are slower days especially in the afternoon it picked up many  nice trades, none of them included here as I did not take them either because I was very busy trading in the morning with GS GOOG AAPL expiring today and catchign some morning scalps.  I will have more details to follow on this, it is going to be an incredible service and one I am very excited to use!

Will post set ups and market views, with some earnings specials in there too later in the weekend.
Had a great time chatting and trading with many of you this week, I appreciate the idea flow and all the feedback.

Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information. That’s a awesome result you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting. I will come back to read some more. Options Trading

    ReplyDelete