Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wrap Up 1/29

A nice grind higher today with healthy action and I am again showing the 5 min chart showing the smallest of dips being bought aggressively just look at the up volume on any dips.  Consumer confidence crumbled but nobody cares you get the quick algo sell off on the initial news and then people get short and its ripped right back in their face.  A bit of a sell program came in at the end of the day but that was even bought right up in after hours action, which now trades above session highs.  Tough to load up long and impossible to be short here tough market.  AMZN missed on most metrics but after its usual 20 point dumping in after hours it is now up in after hours trade.

KO nice break out today and stopped at 200 day traders were active for over 7000 Feb 37.50 calls today.  I am very interested in this one but was not going to chase it today but will look at it tomorrow through today's highs or if it pulls back.

NOW recent IPO I think shares have been getting battered but bounced off lows as of late.  Traders stepped in calling this a dead cat bounce of sorts and bought 2000 Feb 30 puts & 1K 25 puts.... Looks to be positioning for earnings.  Looks liek may have gotten beating up today on the VMW guidance something worth noting into earnings.

WAG broke out this week and the end of last week but has put in a couple of topping candles here and traders were active in puts today across many strikes most notably are: 7K Mar 35's 2K 38's July 42 and 41 in the money 1K and 1500 respectively.  The March 35's does have considerable OI and these could have been closing, but IV & price were increasing so could be buyingmore... will check OI tomorrow.

HPQ well in my opinion ultimately goes to zero, but for now shares broke down hard today but held the 20 day today bears were active.  32K Feb 16 puts 11K 15 puts and some other scattered plays throughout other months.  I am interested in getting involved here on a break of the 20 day.  Gap down tomorrow probably takes it out of play for me.  Another option is gap up to the 10 day another possible entry.

SWKS keeps popping up on my options flow scans and I have yet to get involved as its been a tough one to get any sort of momentum.  Traders were buying the Feb 22 & 23 calls and OI in those strikes is certainly swelling here also saw March 22 & 23 calls trading 1500 each.  Just checked earnings are tomorrow so its something to look at and maybe take a small stab at.

FXI I really like this one and today traders stepped in a big way with 94K Feb 43 calls.  Cheapies and expecting a big move.  Big money has been correct on this ETF in the past so this one I am very interested in as well.  I will look to enter it tomorrow, but will look at 42 strikes where 6500 were bought today as well.
VOD ive been in this name for a bit and have paired my position down making 200% gains on it but calls were active again today in July 16K 29 strikes and 2K 28 calls.  So traders looking to stick with it definitely could be something developing with VZ here.  I am intereted in getting involved in these longer dated options too.  May do something here close out remainder of feb position and get long these or try to be perfect and close out my position and look for a pull back to enter.
BAX is certainly interesting here with a nice little pull back and today saw traders acrtive with 15K May 72.50 calls bought and 15K april 62.50 puts sold.  This is a really large position and something I am interested in following.  So many nice set ups but how many longs can one hold up here.  May play in this sand box though on a break of the 20 day.
FDO looks awful here and saw some 3700 April deep in the money 62.50 puts trade today.  Have to check OI tomorrow but definitely looks like a name to be shorted on any spikes or if market starts to pull back.

Just a note MRK saw a lot of call buying today 13K 43 calls and 3500 44 calls.  Already invovled here and posted thoughts the other day so not going to put up chart, but I like it and calls are up nice right now and i left full position on.


Anyways, I am done posting the screen shots of my positions and will just type them it is too annoying to keep taking screen shots and going to find the picture to add here.  It really adds no value to the discussion either I just did it initially to show that this is not paper trading or twitter b/s where I am long 500 GOOG calls and the trade goes to 0 and I just post 600 times about a winner and leave the other position unspoken about.  This is my account of my trading and how I view the markets technically and through options flow.  I win and lose and I am not ashamed of losers.

Anyways I booked about half the GOOG position some +.50 and some +1.00 holding the rest.
Booked some GS 1/5 +.80 and put the rest into a call fly.  See twitter post.
Booked more VOD +1.00 still holding less than half position.
YHOO looks like 100% loser but with commissions I am better off holding onto it as you never know what could happen, but for now I will call it a loser -.23
AAPL I sold the 465-470 call spread against my position... seee twitter.
AMZN got long 280-290-300 call fly around 1.00... see twitter
BIDU ripped then tanked I sold 120 calls against mine to create a spread now hold the spread for .20 and am roughly even overall on the trade.
LONG DISH feb 38 calls at 1.10
MRK held whole position up like 70%
OLN sold out overall a small loser on the overall trade cause we booked gains yesterday.
NVDA holding down big today off like 40% on position.
TGT holding the puts down 10% right now
WYNN got screwed not too sure if it was my fault or if unlucky and they announced earnings date last night, but front week calls IV spiked so I am down on the position now and will probably hold through earnings as risk reward is there now.
X puts i am holding up about 12%
FB calendar spread holding pat.

Geez got a bit of a book going here, but been booking and leavign some runners!!!

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment