Friday, February 8, 2013

Weeks Ending 2/8/13 Results!


This week I cannot say I posted everything 100% of the time as I was a bit busy getting our new project ready Day Trading Algo , which launches Monday.  I would say 90% of these trades were posted in real time on Twitter so lets jump right into the meat and potatoes of it.
BIDU we played the earnings, which I was not supposed to do but it worked out well and we had a a scalp or two in there as well.  Overall 13,800 cookies in BIDU this week.  Got the black eye to show for playing earnings again lol



AMZN we had the put fly and fortunately when it was in our favor we created the put fly and had limited risk and we still were able to squeeze out a small gain of 1,029 cookies.



NFLX we played it a lot in many different ways and we did well with it we could have done better but NFLX stalled at the end of the week, but stocks do not go straight up etc... And this is important as I did that disecting a NFLX trade and I will do a follow up on that over the weekend, but while others on twitter wer buying up the 190's and 200 calls we were selling them to them and allowing ourselves a chance to participate in the upside while limiting our participation to the down side.  Will go into details in the NFLX trade part 2.  Overall 28K cookies.

AAPL scalps all you can really do with AAPL lately because it cannot be trusted but firming up a bit and I will highlight the move I made on it later... Overall 3,465 cookies to the good.
 A basket of different trades C trade I totally messed up by not selling enough on the first spike.  GS we played fairly well I dont know not too sure I maximized the trade though there is three trades in GS from last week listed here, but we counted those in our last weeks so got to add those 400 in losses to our gains as we counted them already last week.  HLF worked out well was just following some sized orders a name I am not going to stick around with and just sold any spike took a bit overnight and sold the spike the following day.  IBM just took a bit off of the put spread book some gains.  LEA big bonus today with the filing.  9,519 cookies, which is probably higher as I think we counted a bunch of IBM losses last week, but it turned around some this week. Close enough..

GOOG we traded fairly well all week today with my runners I put it into a ratio spread, which not a huge fan of the play, which is easy to say now as the play didnt work out too well but overall some solid gains in GOOG this week of about 10,000 cookies.

CF I got faked out on this one thought it was about to break out and stuck with it too long.  Lost 3800 cookies.


Remainder of LEAwas good for another 3800 cookies.
 AAPL were taking a shot here and looking for that 500 pin next week where a big batch of puts are sitting.  Curently good for 6200 cookies.
 SLM took some of these today good for 1000 cookies thus far.


TGT was a disaster as got hit be a slew of upgrades and SSS were not a disaster surprisingly options players are still targeting in bearishly as they roll up there position we were down on this position last week, TLM continues to do well AIG & ALL hanging in there.  Going to call this batch -1000 cookies for the week as I dont really know where everything was but its close enough.

I am still holding IBM which recovered 1 or 2000 cookies from last week & HD which is basically right where it was last week, but not going to count them.  I think thats it.

For the week we were between +70,000 & 73,000 cookies.  A great week nothing to not like about it sure I made some mistakes and did some silly things but all in all good week.

The algorithm is ready on Monday, I think a few people snuck in today but the launch is and was supposed to be on Monday.  It is very exciting and I am happy to be able to share it with everyone and trade it with everyone as it is such an amazingly successfull strategy.  So come Monday I will be right there with you trading the algorithm.  Check out the website, get yourself the free trial and lets bake some cookies together.

http://daytradingalgo.com/a-trading-tool-like-no-other/


4 comments:

  1. Please explain the last few tables (on LEA, AAPL, SLM, TGT, etc) as I can't follow what the columns represent...format is different from prior tables where one can see what the entries represent. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Current price, days change, % days change, $ change for day, size, price paid, overall gain/loss, over % gain/loss & value of position.. In that order left to right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these trades the results of the algorithm or something completely different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, these are just my trades. The algorithm is a strategy I have studied for a couple years but was never able to get the information quick enough, but now I can and it launches on Monday. Check out the site you can see trade examples from the algorithm there & sign up for your two week free trial. http://daytradingalgo.com/a-trading-tool-like-no-other/

    Look forward to trading with you!

    ReplyDelete